- AMD EPYC™ 7003 processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™ Technology
- AMD EPYC™ 7003 series processor family
- 8-Channel RDIMM/LRDIMM DDR4 per processor, 32 x DIMMs
- 2 x 1Gb/s LAN ports (Intel® I350-AM2)
- 1 x Dedicated management port
- 24 x 2.5″ Gen3 NVMe hot-swappable SSD bays in front side
- 2 x 2.5″ SATA/SAS hot-swappable HDD/SSD bays in rear side
- Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen4 x4 interface
- 2 x PCIe Gen4 expansion slots
- Aspeed® AST2500 remote management controller
- 1600W (240V) 80 PLUS Platinum redundant power supply
Nothing Stacks Up To EPYC™
AMD EPYC™ 7003 Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™
AMD EPYC 7003 Series Processors with AMD 3D V-Cache™ technology are raising the bar once more for breakthrough performance on targeted technical computing workloads like Electronic Design Automation, Computational Fluid Dynamics, and Finite Element Analysis software and solutions. Delivering breakthrough performance per core and performance per watt, the Zen 3 architecture maintains leadership in number of cores – up to 64, amount of L3 cache – 768MB, and 128 PCIe 4.0 lanes, while maintaining socket compatibility with existing 3rd Gen AMD EPYC platforms.
768MBL3 Cache Per Socket
Up To 64“ZEN 3” Cores
128PCIe 4.0 Lanes
Architecture for Modern Data Centers
AMD EPYC™ 7003 Series Processors
GIGABYTE servers and AMD EPYC 7003 Series Processors deliver the highest possible I/O throughput to pave the way for fast communication between CPU and accelerator in HPC and data analytics.
- Up to 64 Cores
- 8 Channels of DDR4-3200
- Up to 4TB Memory Capacity
- 128 lanes PCIe 4.0
- 2-way SMT & Turbo Boost
- 4,6,8-channel Memory Interleave
- Synchronized Fabric and Memory Clock Speeds
- Secure Memory Encryption
- Secure Encrypted Virtualization
R282-Z92 Product Overview
R282-Z92 System Block Diagram
Max Memory Speed Even at 2 DPC
With GIGABYTE unique solution, maximum memory speed is now supported, even when using 2 DIMMS per channel*. GIGABYTE’s server platforms give you the performance edge, with more memory capacity at faster speeds.
* Enabled via BIOS setting (“UMC Common Options” “DDR4 Common Options” Configure “Enforce POR” setting). Please follow product QVL. Please consult your GIGABYTE sales or technical representative for more information.
Hardware-level Root of Trust *
Protection is built in the silicon to ensure systems will not be vulnerable to security attacks or cyber threats. This hardware-level root of trust (ROT) helps isolate the system as the boot process starts to make sure a verified code is used.
- Integrity of cryptographic keys and secure key generation
- Boot process protected and verified
- Secure application environment and protection at runtime
* Available on select models
Optional TPM 2.0 Module
For hardware-based authentication, the passwords, encryption keys, and digital certificates are stored in a TPM module to prevent unwanted users from gaining access to your data. GIGABYTE TPM modules come in either a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) or low pin count (LPC) interface.
Automatic Fan Speed Control
GIGABYTE servers are enabled with Automatic Fan Speed Control to achieve the best cooling and power efficiency. Individual fan speeds will be automatically adjusted according to temperature sensors strategically placed in the servers.
To take advantage of the fact that a PSU will run at greater power efficiency with a higher load, GIGABYTE has introduced a power management feature called Cold Redundancy for servers with N+1 power supplies. When the total system load falls lower than 40%, the system will automatically place one PSU into standby mode, and results of 10% improvement in efficiency.
Smart Crises Management and Protection (SCMP)
SCMP is a GIGABYTE patented feature which is deployed in servers with non-fully redundant PSU design. With SCMP, in the event of faulty PSU or overheated system, the system will force the CPU into an ultra-low power mode that reduces the power load, which prevents the system from unexpected shutdown and avoids component damage or data loss.
Smart Ride Through (SmaRT)
To prevent server downtime and data loss as a result of loss of AC power, GIGABYTE implements SmaRT in all our server platforms. When such an event occurs, the system will throttle while maintaining availability and reducing power load. Capacitors within the power supply can supply power for 10-20ms, which is enough time to transition to a backup power source for continued operation.
Certified Ready with Software Partners
Being a member of key software alliance partner programs enables GIGABYTE to rapidly develop and validate joint solutions, enabling our customers to modernize their data centers and implement IT infrastructure and application services with speed, agility, and cost optimization.
OCP 3.0 Ready
GIGABYTE offers servers that feature an onboard OCP 3.0 slot for the next generation of add on cards. Advantages of this new type include:
- Easy Serviceability:
Simply slot in or pull out the card, without opening the server or using tools
- Improved thermal design:
Horizontal position and optimal heat sink design allow for air cooling to eliminate the heat efficiently
Tool-less Drive Bays Design
Clipping mechanism secures the drive in place. Install or replace a new drive in seconds.
GIGABYTE offers free-of-charge management applications via a specialized small processor built on the server.
GIGABYTE Management Console
For management and maintenance of a server or a small cluster, users can use the GIGABYTE Management Console, which is pre-installed on each server. Once the servers are running, IT staff can perform real-time health monitoring and management on each server through the browser-based graphical user interface. In addition, the GIGABYTE Management Console also provides:
- Support for standard IPMI specifications that allows users to integrate services into a single platform through an open interface
- Automatic event recording, which can record system behavior 30 seconds before an event occurs, making it easier to determine subsequent actions
- Integrate SAS/SATA/NVMe devices and RAID controller firmware into GIGABYTE Management Console to monitor and control Broadcom® MegaRAID adapters.
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM)
GSM is a software suite that can manage clusters of servers simultaneously over the internet. GSM can be run on all GIGABYTE servers and has support for Windows and Linux. GSM can be downloaded from GIGABYTE website and complies with IPMI and Redfish standards. GSM includes a complete range of system management functions that includes the following utilities:
- GSM Server: A software program that provides real-time, remote control using a graphical user interface through an administrator’s computer or through a server in the cluster. The software allows ease of maintenance for large clusters of servers.
- GSM CLI: A command-line interface for monitoring and managing remotely.
- GSM Agent: A software program installed on each GIGABYTE server node that retrieves information from each system and devices through the OS, and this software integrates with GSM Server or GSM CLI.
- GSM Mobile: A mobile app for both Android and iOS that provides admins with real-time system information.
- GSM Plugin: An application program interface that allows users to use VMware vCenter for real-time monitoring and management of server clusters.