- Supports up to 8 x double slot GPU cards
- Dual AMD EPYC™ 7003 series processor family
- 8-Channel RDIMM/LRDIMM DDR4 per processor, total 16 x DIMMs
- 2 x 10Gb/s BASE-T LAN ports (Intel® X550-AT2 controller)
- 1 x Dedicated management port
- 8 x 2.5″ hot-swappable HDD/SSD bays
- 8 x PCIe Gen4 expansion slots for GPUs
- 2 x PCIe Gen4 x16 half-length low-profile slots for add-on cards
- Aspeed® AST2500 remote management controller
- 2+0 2200W (240V) 80 PLUS Platinum power supply
Architecture for Modern Data Centers
AMD EPYC™ 7003 Series Processors
GIGABYTE servers and AMD EPYC 7003 Series Processors deliver the highest possible I/O throughput to pave the way for fast communication between CPU and accelerator in HPC and data analytics.
- Up to 64 Cores
- 8 Channels of DDR4-3200
- Up to 4TB Memory Capacity
- 128 lanes PCIe 4.0
- 2-way SMT & Turbo Boost
- 4,6,8-channel Memory Interleave
- Synchronized Fabric and Memory Clock Speeds
- Secure Memory Encryption
- Secure Encrypted Virtualization
G292-Z40 Product Overview
G292-Z40 System Block Diagram
Support Various Computing Accelerators
GIGABYTE servers have been tested and validated across a range of workloads with various computing accelerators designed to deliver high levels of performance for 3D rendering, deep learning and high-performance computing, which enables content creators, data scientists, researchers, and engineers to tackle challenges that were once impossible.
Automatic Fan Speed Control
GIGABYTE servers are enabled with Automatic Fan Speed Control to achieve the best cooling and power efficiency. Individual fan speeds will be automatically adjusted according to temperature sensors strategically placed in the servers.
Smart Ride Through (SmaRT)
To prevent server downtime and data loss as a result of loss of AC power, GIGABYTE implements SmaRT in all our server platforms. When such an event occurs, the system will throttle while maintaining availability and reducing power load. Capacitors within the power supply can supply power for 10-20ms, which is enough time to transition to a backup power source for continued operation.
Optional TPM 2.0 Module
For hardware-based authentication, the passwords, encryption keys, and digital certificates are stored in a TPM module to prevent unwanted users from gaining access to your data. GIGABYTE TPM modules come in either a Serial Peripheral Interface or Low Pin Count bus.
Certified Ready with Software Partners
Being a member of key software alliance partner programs enables GIGABYTE to rapidly develop and validate joint solutions, enabling our customers to modernize their data centers and implement IT infrastructure and application services with speed, agility, and cost optimization.
Tool-less Drive Bays Design
Clipping mechanism secures the drive in place. Install or replace a new drive in seconds.
GIGABYTE offers free-of-charge management applications via a specialized small processor built on the server.
GIGABYTE Management Console
For management and maintenance of a server or a small cluster, users can use the GIGABYTE Management Console, which is pre-installed on each server. Once the servers are running, IT staff can perform real-time health monitoring and management on each server through the browser-based graphical user interface. In addition, the GIGABYTE Management Console also provides:
- Support for standard IPMI specifications that allows users to integrate services into a single platform through an open interface
- Automatic event recording, which can record system behavior 30 seconds before an event occurs, making it easier to determine subsequent actions
- Integrate SAS/SATA/NVMe devices and RAID controller firmware into GIGABYTE Management Console to monitor and control Broadcom® MegaRAID adapters.
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM)
GSM is a software suite that can manage clusters of servers simultaneously over the internet. GSM can be run on all GIGABYTE servers and has support for Windows and Linux. GSM can be downloaded from GIGABYTE website and complies with IPMI and Redfish standards. GSM includes a complete range of system management functions that includes the following utilities:
- GSM Server: A software program that provides real-time, remote control using a graphical user interface through an administrator’s computer or through a server in the cluster. The software allows ease of maintenance for large clusters of servers.
- GSM CLI: A command-line interface for monitoring and managing remotely.
- GSM Agent: A software program installed on each GIGABYTE server node that retrieves information from each system and devices through the OS, and this software integrates with GSM Server or GSM CLI.
- GSM Mobile: A mobile app for both Android and iOS that provides admins with real-time system information.
- GSM Plugin: An application program interface that allows users to use VMware vCenter for real-time monitoring and management of server clusters.
Today’s enterprise IT computing infrastructure requires performance, reliability, and scalability to deliver cutting-edge products and services while improving operational efficiency. GIGABYTE servers not only support NVIDIA accelerators, but also are certified by NVIDIA-Certified Systems™ to perform modern accelerated workloads in data centers and edge systems where security matters, giving users confidence when deploying solutions with GIGABYTE servers and NVIDIA products.