R292-4S0 System Block Diagram
GIGABYTE Management Console
GIGABYTE server utilizes the AMI MegaRAC SP-X solution for BMC server management, has a browser-based graphical user interface, and is feature-rich and easy to use.
- RESTful API support includes the latest DMTF standard of Redfish. Allows integration with 3rd party applications for server management
- Including HTML5 based iKVM remote management client, no need to purchase other additional licenses
- Detailed FRU information from SMBIOS
- 10 to 30 seconds pre-event automatic recording function
- SAS / RAID controller monitoring function
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM)
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM) is GIGABYTE’s proprietary multiple server remote management software platform, available as a free download from each GIGABYTE server product page. GSM is compatible with either IPMI or Redfish (RESTful API) connection interfaces, and comprises the following sub-programs:
- GSM Server, a software program with an easy to use browser-based GUI to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
- GSM CLI, a command-line interface program to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
- GSM Agent*, a software program installed locally on each GIGABYTE server node that retrieves additional node information (CPU/Mem/HDD/PCI/…) from the OS and passes it to the BMC. This information can then be utilized by GSM Server or GSM CLI.
*GSM Agent is currently compatible with Avocent MergePoint IPMI 2.0 BMC firmware, but not yet compatible with Megarac SP-X BMC firmware.
- GSM Mobile, a remote server management mobile APP, available for both Android and iOS.
- GSM Plugin, a plugin that allows the user to manage and monitor GIGABYTE server nodes within VMware’s vCenter.
Intuitive & Informative User Interface
Starting from the GSM Server dashboard, the user can clearly understand the status of each node in the IT environment, including:
- Node connection status (system is online/offline)
- Node hardware sensor status (to detect hardware anomalies). Sensors measure voltage, fan speed and temperature
- Node usage rate status (allowing you to timely allocate more resources when they are needed), including:
- Power consumption
- Disk/RAID usage information
- Memory usage rate
- CPU usage rate
- Network card / PCI information
The user can also perform various management functions, including:
- Node remote access
- Power on / off / reset
- Launch iKVM
- Reboot BMC / BMC Account Configuration
- Network Configuration
- IPv4/IPv6 setting
- Alert Management
- SNMP trap setting
- Platform events filters
- Forwarding alerts by email
- BMC / BIOS / CPLD Update
- Power Consumption Limit Setting
- Group Management
- Create groups of nodes for BMC / BIOS update or manage power consumption settings
GSM Mobile for iOS and Android
A GSM Mobile app is available for download for both iOS and Android mobile phones for remote server management on the go.
Download GSM APP for iOS
(iOS Store) Download GSM APP for Android
(Google Play Store)
Management through VMware vCenter
A GSM Plugin is available for VMware’s vCenter, allowing the user to perform remote monitoring and management of GIGABYTE server nodes without having to switch to a separate software platform.
Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory Ready
GIGABYTE’s 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable family servers come ready to support Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory, a revolutionary new product that re-defines traditional memory & storage architectures by enabling a large persistent memory tier between DRAM and SSDs, that’s higher capacity than DRAM and faster than SSDs, enabling the user to bring more data closer to the CPU for faster time for insight.
Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory Modules (“PMem”) integrate seamlessly into existing DDR4 DIMM slots, and use Intel’s 3D Xpoint memory technology, which unlike DRAM retains data after power is removed. The modules will be available in capacities up to 512GB – a massive increase compared to the current maximum 128GB of industry-leading DDR4 memory sticks – and can be addressed by the OS or application either as memory (Memory Mode) or storage (Application Direct Mode).
Note: the maximum number of PMem that can be installed per system and the DIMM slot positions that can be used for PMem will vary according to each server model due to thermal considerations. Please refer to each product’s specification page for further instructions.
NVIDIA® V100 Tensor Core GPU Support
GIGABYTE’s Xeon Scalable server systems and motherboards are fully compatible and qualified to use with NVIDIA® V100 Tensor Core GPUs, an advanced data center GPU built to accelerate AI, HPC, and graphics. Powered by NVIDIA Volta™ architecture and with 640 Tensor Cores, the NVIDIA V100 has broken the 100 teraflops (TFLOPS) barrier of deep learning performance — enabling data scientists, researchers, and engineers to tackle challenges that were once impossible.
Carefully Selected Components
GIGABYTE’s passive components are carefully selected to guarantee a stable operating environment and allow the processors and the memory to deliver their maximum performance. GIGABYTE’s server motherboards are built with long lasting components for a high degree of reliability and durability.
Design Features for Easy Maintenance
GIGABYTE platforms contain many tool less design features for easy installation, maintenance and removal – never worry about forgetting your toolbox or losing a screw again!
Tool-less Rail Kits
Rail kits attach to the side of the server chassis via clipping mechanism.
Tool-less 2.5” & 3.5” Drive Bays
Clipping mechanism secures the drive in place. Install or replace a new drive in seconds.
Efficient, Reliable Power Supply
GIGABYTE server are designed to guarantee high conversion efficiency regardless of load. Redundant 80 Plus ‘Titanium’ or ‘Platinum’ PSUs, combined with GIGABYTE’s precision engineering, translates to super efficient power usage which maximizes the system’s power : performance ratio and reduces OPEX for the user.
Intelligent Power Management Features
SCMP (Smart Crises Management / Protection)
SCMP is a GIGABYTE patented feature that will automatically force the system’s CPU to enter ULFM (ultra-low frequency mode for minimum power consumption) when the BMC is alerted to a PSU fault or error (such as power loss, power surge, overheating or a fan problem). This feature will prevent shutdown in systems with less than 1 + 1 PSU redundancy when one PSU is lost. In a 2U 4 Node server, only two nodes will be switched to low power mode, while two remaining nodes can continue normal operation. When the fault is resolved or the PSU is replaced, the system will automatically return to normal power mode.
System Loading Curve
Dynamic Fan Speed Control
GIGABYTE servers are enabled with dynamic fan speed adjustment. Individual fan speed will be automatically adjusted according to the system’s current temperature (according to CPU, DIMM, M.2, HDD, GPU temperature sensors), to achieve the best cooling and power efficiency. When the BMC detects a temperature change, fan speed will be automatically adjusted accordingly. Fan speed profiles may also be manually created and edited* when necessary according to the user’s custom requirements.
* Enabled on selected models & performed through BMC console management GUI
GIGABYTE maintains its commitment to green products, and adheres to the latest RoHS regulations (in effect July 2017).
VMware Technology Alliance Partner
Being a member of VMware’s Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program enables GIGABYTE to rapidly develop and certify joint solutions or go-to-market products that leverage VMware virtualization and cloud solutions, enabling our customers to modernize their data centers and implement IT infrastructure and application services with speed, agility, and cost optimization.
Enquire with your GIGABYTE sales representative for more information about combining or integrating this server product with VMware solutions.