Where Compute Reigns
3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors – “Ice Lake”
GIGABYTE servers and Intel Xeon Scalable Processors deliver incredible 1P/2P performance from edge to data center with incredible gains in I/O throughput and workload demands that need high performing CPUs with large, yet optimized, memory configurations.
- Enhanced I/0: Support for PCIe 4.0 allows for double the throughput of PCIe 3.0 for fast and large data transfers. Also, 64 lanes per socket with up to 128 lanes in a 2P configuration for fast data transmission from CPU to GPU, accelerator or storage.
- CPU Performance Boost: Now up to 40 cores per socket with greatly improved IPC on Intel’s 10nm architecture while operating CPUs at 105-270W. Also, an additional UPI lane is added for up to 11.2GT/s for a low latency interconnect between CPUs.
- Next Gen Memory: Each processor provides eight memory channels to support 8 or 16 DIMM slots with up to DDR4-3200. There are two sub-clustering modes, Sub NUMA (SNC) and Hemisphere (HEMI), available using balanced memory that results in performance improvements. Additionally, support for Intel Optane PMem 200 series provides two modes for greater memory capacity and data persistence to process large amounts of data faster.
- Next Level Security: New instructions and architecture deliver a high level of cryptographic operations for data privacy and protection. Cryptographic accelerators speed up encryption protocols as well as improvements in software guard extensions and memory encryption are added.
- AI Acceleration: AI inference and training are enhanced with DL Boost Technology for greater business, operational, and security insights. Applications include HPC, AI, and Media & Graphics.