- Sealed loop liquid cooling system to support overclocking
- Supports 9th Gen Intel® Core™ X Series Processors
- Quad Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 x DIMMs
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- Dual 1Gb/s LAN ports (Intel® I350-AM2)
- 1 x Dedicated management port
- 2 x U.2, 2 x SATA/SAS 2.5″ hot-swappable HDD/SSD bays
- 2 x M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4/x2 interface
- 2 x PCIe Gen3 low profile expansion slots
- Aspeed® AST2500 remote management controller
- Dual 1100W 80 PLUS Platinum redundant power supply
Designed for Extreme Overclocking
GIGABYTE brings our precision engineering to a new line of high performance systems designed for ultra-low latency & low jitter applications.
|R161-R12 with Intel Core i9-7900X||Overclocked to 4.7GHz|
|R161-R12 with Intel Core i9-7980XE||Overclocked to 4.6GHz|
Intel® Core™ X-Series Processors & Intel® X299 Chipset
The Intel Core X-Series processor family is designed to scale to your performance needs by delivering options ranging from 8 to 18 cores, features Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 (which optimizes lightly-threaded performance by identifying your processor’s fastest two cores and directing your most critical workloads to them), and is ready to install Intel Optane SSDs for amazing system responsiveness.
Want to push the performance envelope? The Intel X299 chipset and Intel Core X-series processor family bring new unlocked base clock capabilities. Unlock your individual cores and memory frequencies to amazing levels while having the flexibility to keep other areas within specification. Featuring solder thermal interface material (STIM) and with support for Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP) and Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU), the capabilities of the Intel X299 chipset and the Intel Core X-Series processor family will challenge every overclocking world record.
High Efficiency Liquid Cooling System
R161-R12 features an Asetek ServerLSL™ (Server Level Sealed Loop) liquid cooling system, enabling the highest performing overclocked CPUs to be used. ServerLSL is “liquid enhanced air” cooling for server nodes, replacing less efficient air coolers with liquid coolers and exhausting 100% of this hot air into the data center, with the overall data center heat being handled by existing CRACs and chillers. Individual liquid cooled servers can be installed in the same racks with air cooled servers, and no changes are required to existing data center infrastructure. This is a key advantage over centralized pumping systems that require high pressures and whole racks (or multiple racks) of liquid cooled servers to be installed.
R161-R12 Block Diagram
R161-R12 Product Overview
Carefully Selected Components
GIGABYTE SERVER passive components are meticulously selected to guarantee a super stable operating environment and allow the processors and the memory to deliver their maximum performance. With some of the longest service lifetimes in the industry, our server motherboards are built with ultra long lasting components to attain the highest reliability levels.
Ease of Deployment and Management
GIGABYTE continues to be responsive to market needs and to create user-friendly solutions, including:
- Tool-less rail kit included as a default across all new server models
- Supplying multiple connector options and tools where appropriate
[ Tool-less rail kit ]
Efficient, Reliable Power Supply
GIGABYTE servers are designed to guarantee high conversion efficiency regardless of load. Redundant 80 Plus ‘Titanium’ PSUs, combined with GIGABYTE’s precision engineering, translates to super efficient power usage which maximizes the system’s power : performance ratio and reduces OPEX for the user.
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM)
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM) is GIGABYTE’s proprietary multiple server remote management software platform, available as a free download from each GIGABYTE server product page. GSM is compatible with either IPMI or Redfish (RESTful API) connection interfaces, and comprises the following sub-programs:
- GSM Server, a software program with an easy to use browser-based GUI to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
- GSM CLI, a command-line interface program to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
- GSM Agent*, a software program installed locally on each GIGABYTE server node that retrieves additional node information (CPU/Mem/HDD/PCI/…) from the OS and passes it to the BMC. This information can then be utilized by GSM Server or GSM CLI.
*GSM Agent is currently compatible with Avocent MergePoint IPMI 2.0 BMC firmware, but not yet compatible with Megarac SP-X BMC firmware.
- GSM Mobile, a remote server management mobile APP, available for both Android and iOS.
- GSM Plugin, a plugin that allows the user to manage and monitor GIGABYTE server nodes within VMware’s vCenter.
Intuitive & Informative User Interface
Starting from the GSM Server dashboard, the user can clearly understand the status of each node in the IT environment, including:
- Node connection status (system is online/offline)
- Node hardware sensor status (to detect hardware anomalies). Sensors measure voltage, fan speed and temperature
- Node usage rate status (allowing you to timely allocate more resources when they are needed), including:
- Power consumption
- Disk/RAID usage information
- Memory usage rate
- CPU usage rate
- Network card / PCI information
The user can also perform various management functions, including:
- Node remote access
- Power on / off / reset
- Launch iKVM
- Reboot BMC / BMC Account Configuration
- Network Configuration
- IPv4/IPv6 setting
- Alert Management
- SNMP trap setting
- Platform events filters
- Forwarding alerts by email
- BMC / BIOS / CPLD Update
- Power Consumption Limit Setting
- Group Management
- Create groups of nodes for BMC / BIOS update or manage power consumption settings
GSM Mobile for iOS and Android
A GSM Mobile app is available for download for both iOS and Android mobile phones for remote server management on the go.
Management through VMware vCenter
A GSM Plugin is available for VMware’s vCenter, allowing the user to perform remote monitoring and management of GIGABYTE server nodes without having to switch to a separate software platform.
GIGABYTE BMC Interface
Easy BIOS Upgrade
GIGABYTE has developed this integrated function (requiring no additional software) that allows users to update the BIOS of motherboards through the BMC controller:
- No need to install core components such as CPUs, memory, drives and OS
- No need to power on the system (NB. PSU must be connected)
- Update individual (IPMI 2.0) or multiple boards simultaneously (Command Line)
GIGABYTE Management Console (AMI MegaRAC SP-X)
This GIGABYTE server product utilizes a AMI MegaRAC SP-X platform for BMC server management, with a feature rich and easy to use browser-based graphical user interface.
Notable features include:
- RESTful API support (including the latest DMTF standards of Redfish) allows the administrator to integrate with 3rd party applications for server management
- HTML5-based iKVM remote management client included as a standard feature, no additional add-on license required to purchase
- Detailed FRU information from SMBIOS
- Pre-event automatic video recording feature from 10 to 30 seconds
- SAS / RAID controller monitoring feature
Dynamic Fan Speed Control
* Enabled on selected models & performed through BMC console management GUI
GIGABYTE maintains its commitment to green products, and adheres to the latest RoHS regulations (in effect July 2017).
VMware Technology Alliance Partner
Recognized as an Advanced Partner in VMware’s Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program enables GIGABYTE to rapidly develop and certify joint solutions or go-to-market products that leverage VMware virtualization and cloud solutions, enabling our customers to modernize their data centers and implement IT infrastructure and application services with speed, agility, and cost optimization.
Enquire with your GIGABYTE sales representative for more information about combining or integrating this server product with VMware solutions.