- The workstation based on the Intel® Xeon platform
- Complete server management with ASUS Control Center (ACC)
- Increased performance or data redundancy with dual M.2 SSDs in RAID mode
- The latest USB 3.1 on board for fast, 10Gb/s transfer speeds
- Built-in dual Intel® I210 server-class Gigabit LAN
- Quad PCIe 3.0 x16 slots for flexibility
- Titanium grade power efficiency
- Security: TPM, BIOS, and mechanical design
- Best Virtual Reality experience with NVIDIA® Quadro M5000 professional graphics processor (optional)
- ISV Certificated
Performance you can rely on
ASUS ESC500 G4 – Your 24/7 High Performance PC
The workstation based on the Intel® Xeon platform
The ASUS ESC500 G4 features the Intel® Xeon E3-1200 v6 CPU, C236 chipsets, four DDR4 2400 DIMM and four PCIe expansion slots. The Integrated P630 GPU (selected models: E3-12×5) not only supports up to three independent displays via the selection of HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D and D-Sub, but also supports DirectX 12.1, OpenGL 4.4, OpenGL ES 3.0 and OpenCL2.1 to enhance productivity in content creations. This makes ESC500 G4 workstations perfect for applications such as Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Maya and Adobe After Effects CC, etc.
Complete server management with ASUS Control Center (ACC)
Complete IT infrastructure management software:
ASUS Control Center (ACC) is a centralized IT-management suite that enhances enterprise productivity with comprehensive control through a very friendly user interface. The software is capable of monitoring and controlling ASUS commercial solutions including workstations, servers on an integrated platform.
- – Centralize scheduling and batch deployment (easier and quicker)
- – Update BIOS or applications for many devices through ACC with a single process or even schedule batch deployment to avoid affecting your server or datacenter operations.
A user friendly UI provides access to your servers from anywhere via any PC, tablet, or cellphone with a web browser. The GUI’s responsive design fits your screen automatically, ensuring all controls are accessible and easy to find.
Increased performance or data redundancy with dual M.2 SSDs in RAID mode
Dual M.2 SATA SSDs enable top-flight performance or data redundancy in RAID mode.
In performance-maximizing RAID 0 configurations with dual M.2 SSDs write speeds are up to 40% faster than a single M.2 SSD drive setup and read operations are an astonishing 84% faster. Or, for total reassurance, pair your M.2 devices into a RAID 1 configuration for instant data redundancy.
With dual PCI Express 3.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports 8Gb/s data-transfer speeds and up to 22110 NGFF performance. M.2 is often used to host the main OS thanks to the significantly faster random access performance comparing with 3.5 inch HDDs and SSHDD. The cable-free nature made M.2 the ideal replacement for even the ever so popular 2.5 inch SSDs. By adding the functionality of data redundancy to the ESC500 G4 workstation, you can protect important documents, photo’s, audio and video as well as the core software applications like Photoshop or AutoCAD.
The latest USB 3.1 on board for fast, 10Gb/s transfer speeds
The ESC500 G4 workstation has both USB3.1 Type-A and Type-C connectivity built for data-transfer speeds up to 10Gbit/s or twice as fast USB3.0. USB Type-C is the all-new reversible connector which provides any-way-up convenience when installing devices with USB ports, such as monitors, card readers, and external storage.
With more films being released in 4K, the speed of transfer has never been so important and the exceptional speed of USB 3.1 means you are no longer hanging around waiting for your films to be transferred onto your storage devices.
Built-in dual Intel® I210 server-class Gigabit LAN
For more reliable networking, ESC500 G4 features the latest server-class dual Intel® Gigabit LAN ensuring lower CPU utilization and temperatures outstanding performance as well as better support for diverse operating systems. The dual Ethernet ports also support teaming which combines the network links to provide higher throughput or redundancy in case of failure.
Quad PCIe 3.0 x16 slots for flexibility
The flexible quad PCIe x16 slots enables the expansion flexibility for all sorts of extra options such as graphic cards, PCIe SSDs, SATA/SAS RAID controller cards, networking cards, wireless networking cards and more. Through GPU calculation with Nvidia® Quadro and AMD Radeon™ Pro graphic cards, ESC500 G4 workstation can be used in content creation and media streaming and anything that requires the extra power of a professional GPU.
Titanium grade power efficiency
- – Ultra-durable 12K solid capacitors
- – Beat Thermal Choke III
- – ASUS Digi+ Voltage-Regulator Module (VRM)
Security: TPM, BIOS, and mechanical design
- Firmware TPM design: A secure trust element to meet Microsoft Windows 10 requirements for TPM 2.0 and Measured Boot for systems on which TPM2.0 is required. The fTPM can also “reduce power consumption in S0iX states and consume, no power in idle states” as well as “reduce BOM costs and board savings as compared to discrete TPMs”.
- ASUS BIOS’ password setting: Enter the ASUS UEFI BIOS Utility – Advanced Mode, and click Administrator Password. Users can then set a password to prevent unauthorized changes to system setting.
- Physical security: The hidden lock design on the chassis prevents the theft of internal components such as CPU, Memory, HDD/SSD, or graphics card once the system is locked.
Best Virtual Reality experience with NVIDIA® Quadro M5000 professional graphics processor (Optional)
With just one Nvidia® Quadro graphic card and a VR headset, you can experience an entirely new virtual world. For architectural, mechanical or interior design work, you can use virtual reality to experience a 360-degree view of your design, giving you a complete understanding of your product before production. Virtual reality brings convenience, cost effectiveness, and saves time for professionals in different industries. http://www.nvidia.com.tw/object/quadro-vr-ready-systems-tw.html (Nvidia® TW site only)
Independent software vendor (ISV) software is becoming an important factor to users in variety of industries, for instance, Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit for architecture, engineering and construction, or Autodesk Motionbuilder, Mudbox, and Maya in Media and entertainment industries. ASUS is working in close partnership with ISV vendors, for instance, Adobe and Autodesk, to test and verify compatibility, making sure ASUS workstations are reliable, and highly effective for users in different field.
Choosing between workstation and commercial PC?
Due to technology advancements, the boundary between consumer PCs and a professional workstation has become blurred. This has caused many small and medium business owners to have a tough time choosing the most suitable system. To simplify the decision, we created the chart below.
Behind the Design